I have always been told that ‘in-order to write, one must do three important things in life: 1. Read; 2. REad; and 3. READ’. While I do not claim to be a voracious reader, I ‘m not a “non-reader” [if there is any term] too [blowing my own trumpet].
I ‘ve been a bad blogger as well as not a good reader [here I’m comparing to the pace of my own reading from previous years]. Every year, I could easily flip pages of over 35 books but not this year. May be, my reading habits are dwindling or I’m too busy, the answer of which, even I do not know. Anyway, just for my own record of the books I read from January 2018, I ‘m posting this as one of my articles in my never active blog page. I also have some books in pipeline and lying in my bookshelf, which I hope to read sooner. The only problem these days is, I have lots of scientific papers to read..phew!
Books I read from January 2018 till date:
1. Beyond the Sky and the Earth: A Journey into Bhutan – Jamie Zeppa
2. Sapiens: A Brief History of Human Kinds – Yuval Noah Harari
3. Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow – Yuval Noah Harari
4. Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
5. Best Foot Forward – Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rimpoche
6. The History of Bhutan – Karma Phuntsho
7. The Inheritance of Loss – Kiran Desai
8. The Remains of the Day – Kazou Ishiguro
9. An Artist of the Floating World – Kazou Ishiguro
10. Science and Philosophy in the Indian Buddhist Classics [Volume I] – Thupten Jinpa
11. Weapons of the Weak – James C. Scott
12. Global Implications of Development, Disasters and Climate Change: Responses to displacement from Asia Pacific – Susanna Price, Jane Singer
13. People and Wildlife: Conflict or Coexistence? – Rosie Woodroffe, Simon Thirgood and Alan Rabinowitz
In pipeline to read:
1. Long Walk to Freedom – Nelson Mandela
2. Elon Musk – Ashlee Vance
3. Adventures of a Young Naturalist – David Attenborough
4. Sikkim: Requiem of a Himalayan Kingdom – Andrew Duff
5. Polity, Kingship and Democracy – Sonam Kinga
6. Living is Dying – Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rimpoche
Wish me LUCK!